St. James’s comprises an entrance porch, nave, altar alcove and vestry. It has a stained glass window based upon the original at Buttermere, as well as a landscaped base complete with gravestones.
St. James’s comes with lighting already in place. The
lighting comprises two hanging wooden cross candle lights
in the nave, an altar candelabrum, a candle light in the
vestry, and a lantern over the porch.
Buttermere in summer
Font of church
Rear of church showing vestry
Stained glass window in east wall
Lit interior of church
Our model is inspired by St. James’s at Buttermere, which was consecrated in 1507 and assumed its present form in 1840.
St. James’s, the small granite church of Buttermere
~ 24th scale ~